Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- JCALS welcomes submissions of manuscripts at any time. Accepted manuscripts are published online immediately after approval of the Editorial Board.
- Submissions are made online through the Journal’s submissions portal.
Title of the paper is clear and expresses what the manuscript is about.
- Names of all authors and their affiliations have been indicated on the cover page. In case of co-authorship, ensure that one author has been designated as the corresponding author.
- The abstract is short (150 words), clear and summarises the aims, key methods, findings, and conclusions of the paper.
- A list of key words is provided below the abstract.
- The Manuscript conforms to conventions of scholarly writing.
- The Manuscript has been spelling and grammar-checked and language-edited.
- Formatting, citations, and references conform to CALS’ house style.
- A list of references has been provided at the end of the manuscript.
The Journal of Contemporary African Legal Studies (CALS is an Open Access journal. By submitting a manuscript to CALS, the Author(s) grant the Journal right of first publication. Once published, the Author(s) retain copyright of the respective manuscript. However, author(s) cannot republish the manuscript in any other form without written approval from CALS.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.